Wednesday 4 May 2016

Bank Holiday Fun

London-Covent-Garden-May-Day
London-Tulips-Feet-Park-May-Day
London-Embankment-Bridge-May-Day
London-Queen-Elizabeth-Hall-Embankment-May-Day
London-Southwalk-Shops-Cafes-May-Day
London-Southwalk-Bicycles-May-Day
London-The-Wharf-Southwalk-May-Day
London-Gourmet-Burger-Kitchen-May-Day
Hands up if you're loving the fact that it's already Wednesday, bank holidays, I dig you. Unlike most who spent Monday morning savouring that extra lie in, I was up at 6:30 and on a train by 8:20. Crazy, I know. But rewind back to March, train tickets from York to London in May were £8 and you were well overdue a catch-up with your uni chicks, it's like a perfect maths equation.

Admittedly, the majority of our day was spent sat down gossiping about life but what girl doesn't love a good girly catch up accompanied by a Starbucks cinnamon swirl. Don't you worry though, we squeezed plenty of touristy activities in from an amble round one of my favourite parts, Covent Garden, to strolling down the Embankment, to being cultured in The Tate, which I'd never been to before. Not only did I manage to do one new thing, but for food we headed to GBK (Gourmet Burger Kitchen) which I had also never been to- shocking for a burger lover like me. I kept it classical with a good ol' beef burger, but went adventurous with a tropical twist of an added pineapple, cos I'm a fancy pants like that. It was lip-smackingly good and if you're ever not sure what drink to refresh your palette with, I would highly recommend the strawberry and elderflower fizz.

One thing I wouldn't recommend though is reading P.S. I Love You on your train journey surrounded by many other train users. I did finish the whole thing in the space of two 120 minute train rides, however it did leave me wanting to cry with every page. Either that or I was just heartbroken that I had to say goodbye to my chums for another few months. Until my next adventure in the big smoke.

Bethany-Alice-Webb-Blog-Signature



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The world of Beth.... All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig