Monday 18 July 2016

The One Where I Cut Off All My Hair

Sunflowers-And-Hair-Donation
Beth-In-Lavender
Beth-And-Jay-In-Lavender
Peter-Pan-Lavender
Lavender-Gardens
Lavender-Scone
Totally feeling like I'm part of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S gang with this post title, and I may be over-exaggerating a teeny tiny bit. I did (the hairdresser did) however, cut off 12 inches of my hair to donate to the Little Princess Trust, which to me is practically all of it. I am a little late to the short hair don't care trend, but as Queen Clarisse Renaldi once said, the Queen is never late, everyone else is simply early. 

To celebrate we spent the past weekend out in the sunshine showing off my new look, with a day trip out to Yorkshire Lavender. Surrounded by lavender plants and countryside views, it was the perfect location for a sunny Sunday with a few posey photos and an over indulgence in lavender food & drink. 

This past week has been an emotional one- who knew you could have such an attachment to hair, but I'm feeling like Rapunzel and totally loving it! {Although it is only day three of the chopped mop so an emotional breakdown could follow.} To go along with sending my mane off to the charity, I thought I'd try and raise some money along the way. 

For those who don't know, the Little Princess Trust is a charity that makes wigs for girls and boys who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy treatment. Hair donations mean they can provide these children with wigs free of charge, but without them they have to source hair from elsewhere which can cost up to £500. I'm super happy to say I've raised £275 thanks to my very generous friends and family and l'l leave the link below in-case any of you want to donate or check out the before and after pictures. 

For now I'll be spending my time watching short-hair tutorials and mastering the art on how to straighten my shortest strands without burning every part of my scalp/neck/ear. 


Bethany-Alice-Webb-Blog-Signature
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Well done you! I did this too :)

    It's a great feeling isn't it?

    Liv xx
    life-unscripted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© The world of Beth.... All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig