Tuesday 22 March 2016

The best things about Easter

Easter is one of those celebrations that either comes round super quick or you feel like you're waiting forever. I love Easter, and not just because of it's an occasion where you give chocolate and receive chocolate. To some it's a religious celebration, and to other it's a four day holiday that couldn't have come sooner. When I was younger my Easter was spent; recreating an Easter garden at lower school, getting competitive in a Easter Egg hunt, putting all my (And mum's) efforts into making Easter bonnet, colouring patterned eggs, painting eggs, hoping my number is called out in the school raffle to be able to go and pick the biggest chocolate egg from the front, and lining up all my chocolate eggs I've received, hoping I'd got more than my sister. 

Nowadays, it's a lot more toned down and I'm much more appreciative of the doubley-long weekend, feeling grateful that I've only received two eggs because I've still got Christmas chocolate to get through. Howevs, I can always make room for a Creme Egg or two, and would be lying if I said I haven't had one this year. So along with Creme Eggs, I've pulled together a list of everything I love about Easter. 
  • Hot cross buns
  • Mini Eggs 
  • 4 day weekend
  • Woodland walks
  • Shortbread bunny rabbits
  • Chocolate for breakfast is acceptable
  • LUSH Easter collection
  • Chocolate nest cakes
  • Creme Eggs
  • Easter scented candles
  • Daffodils
  • Easter house decorations
  • Easter bouquets
One thing I've learnt this year is that you are never too old for an Easter Egg hunt, you're looking at the chief organiser of an Easter Egg Hunt for thirteen 20-50 year olds, it's going to be egg-cellent. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The world of Beth.... All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig