Thursday 19 November 2015

Graduation: The Written Edition

 I did it. I walked across that stage and didn't trip, I even managed to elegantly make my way up and down the steps. (I was imagining my moment to mirror Lizzie McGuire with my proven track record of clumsiness, if you're weren't a Lizzie McGuire lover then click here to see what I mean). This day was one I had been anticipating for months and thought I'd make a weekend of it by going home to surprise Mum, it's safe to say she had no idea. This meant I got to spend some quality time with my family before the hectic day arrived. 

Going to sleep on Monday night was like going the night before a Christmas, I couldn't sleep. I think I was feeling every kind of emotion possible and I really needed a nice early night which was obviously too much to ask for. Nonetheless, my alarm went off at 6am and I pretty much rolled out of bed. An hour and a half later and I was ready to rumble. Note to self: Don't curl your hair if the weather forecast hints at rain and lots and lots of wind. After what felt like the longest car journey ever, we arrived in the city that holds memories from three of the greatest years of my life. 

First things first, a battle across the park against the wind and rain led us to go get me suited and booted for the occasion. A robe and mortarboard later, not only was I feeling like a Hogwarts student with very frizzy/flat/non-curly hair, it was starting to sink in that I, Bethany Webb, was graduating. Professional photos taken and it was time ti go and mingle and soak up the atmosphere. It may have been tipping it down with rain and blowing a gale that resembled the nanny scene in Mary Poppins but it didn't dampen our mood. By the time 2pm came round it was tie to be seated and for it to begin. I had forgotten how to walk and how to breathe but it was over before it began. I don't think I have ever been so nervous to shake someones hand, but I managed it and I did it with pride. Back to my seat and it was time to stay put for another hour and a half clapping everyone else- I'm now a pro-applauser. Once the ceremony finished we headed outside for a few more celebrations before having to whizz off home so I could catch my train back up to York. 

Now I'm back I'm in York nursing my blistered feet in preparation for Friday where it will be time to dig out my dancing shoes as I venture back down to Southampton for our Graduation Ball- how exciting. So for now I leave you with this post, and you can eagerly await the pictures as I await for my sister to upload them from her camera. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The world of Beth.... All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig